I've been told everything happens for a reason, everyone enters our life for a reason. A very kind, compassionate man came into to my life for a specific reason. Not the one that was intended for us to meet, but for an entirely different one. We talked day after day with the conversation being one sided most of the time. By that I mean I talked more than he did. He listened, and listened some more, a trait not found in most of us, especially me at the time. His empathy was unwavering, his voice calm and reassuring. He gave me the opportunity to see a glimpse into his own life, to share his story and to reveal a hope he had looking into his next step in life. His clear definition of the past was that of learning,... that's it, just to learn from. No need to carry that heavy bag of things we cannot change while proceeding into the future. He talked of the toxic relationship he had with his parents and the life he had as an adult. How he blamed himself for dysfunction of the family he and his wife created. Granted, the dysfunction, he realized was a contribution from both adults, ultimately affecting the children, which seems to be the case for all families. His ownership in the collapse of this relationship was awe inspiring. Seeing his own flaws and feeling remorse for them, led him to want a different reality for himself. At first, he saw the end of his marriage as despair and grief, as most of us would see it. It took a lot of soul searching and a positive mindset to step into the life he is living.
How fortunate I am to have found him, or was it the other way around. He came into my life when I desperately needed him. I needed to hear his story and his hope for the future. I envisioned (this is going to sound really dumb) him as if he were surrounded by sunshine. He set his mind on creating everything in his life as he wanted it to be. Not only is he living proof that things can change if you really want them to, he is also my belief in fortunate accidents, Serendipity. He fell out of nowhere to give me what I needed at that present time, hope. He fell out of my life just as fateful as he arrived. One door closes, another opens. As fate had it, the next fortunate accident arrived right on schedule. An answer to a question I didn't even ask. I was looking for specific movie title and stumbled upon a different one that I thought might be interesting. This is what I needed to watch, the one I just 'happened' to find was the one I was meant to find. The one that led me to more insights into life by seeing it through the eyes of others.
For some of us old enough to have seen the movie "Miracle on 34th Street", I want you to see the little girl in the movie and what she asked 'santa' for. Remember? The two story house with a swing in the back yard, just as she imagined. She sat in the backseat of the car repeating what 'santa' had told her to tell herself, to BELIEVE. She would say, "I believe, it's silly but I believe" over and over. Then what happened? Her house appeared. I know what you're all thinking, yea, okay, it's just a movie. What if by the strange coincidence of fate, belief, or positive thoughts, whatever you want to call it, what you want is possible. Imagine what you want, like it's yours already, and believe. It may seem 'silly' but STILL BELIEVE.
No comments:
Post a Comment