Friday, April 4, 2025

Grace

 As I walked to my car I looked up to embrace the blue above me, that was being used as a backdrop for the amazing brightness of the sun. My drive was filled with thoughts of how grateful I was to be in this moment. I arrived at my destination, moving through my day with monotony. Describing the moments of the day as 'monotony' is really, I believe, an injustice to the wonder of what the moments consist of for anyone. I see them as an opportunity to observe, look at everything as if it were your last chance to experience them, because in reality, it is. Whatever you are doing at this exact moment will never happen exactly the same way ever again. Kind of difficult to wrap your mind around isn't it?

  Anyway, as I'm typing this, my kitty has finally arrived at my side after quite a few minutes of coaxing him over here.  Not being rewarded with a scratch under his chin (since I can't type and pet him at the same time) he jumps down to the floor. I call his name so he returns to me. (I felt bad about not petting him. The cat lovers will understand this) He turns and jumps back up to me. Apparently not interested in my apology, but wanting the closeness, he lays on the arm of the chair.  The point of this is...nothing, nada. Just throwing it out there. 

 Getting back to how the day unraveled was quite disheartening at one point.  A women asked me for a simple favor. and as I was helping her. she began crying. She was describing what had recently happened in her life and how that one event created an insurmountable mountain of emotions. She attempted to 'reason' her tears away with the fact that she had a cold and wasn't feeling well. With what she shared with me in those few moments, one would know that the cold she had, had nothing to do with how she was feeling. I had a rare opportunity to be there at that moment in time. Doing a small favor for her gave her the chance to vent, something she apparently needed to do. even if it was to a stranger  How I wish I could have done more. but maybe, at that exact moment, that was all that was needed. Embracing each moment in our life, knowing that every single person is going through something, big or small, and having the grace to just acknowledge this would have an enormous impact on our own life, on your life, on humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love

 The image of her is one of trust.  She has the undeniable look of accomplishing anything. Her world is one of a journey full of dreams with...