Saturday, January 25, 2025

Confidence

 There he is, amidst his beloved cars.  The shade from a nearby tree casts its shadow on him as he works diligently moving the cars from one place to the next.  The breeze can be seen as it lifts his shiny brown hair ever so gently.  His head is down as he watches the wheels turn in a hypnotic rhythm.  He admires some of his more favorite ones by scrutinizing the detail of each one. His work is his play which is exemplified by the way he looks at each vehicle.  The sheer delight he has in his pastime is apparent by looking at his eyes, which are fixated on one of the, according to him, true wonders of the world.  His tongue can be seen slightly as he unconsciously chews on it as he works, an indispensable aid in concentration.  

The enjoyment of his vehicles must be set aside. for now the work begins. The roads for which these vehicles will travel has to be constructed.  He is the engineer and the laborer. the one who will design them by moving the dirt and sand to make the desired path.  It seems as if he has no rhyme or reason the way the road is laid out, but to see him as he maneuvers one of his favorite cars ever so gently along the newly constructed road it would seem he had driven that same way many times before. 

 As I stand and watch  this miracle of mine, I can't help but realize for the umpteenth time how lucky I am.  He notices my presence and his incredible brown eyes look up at me as he utters "What?"  With a disarming smile and his right eyebrow slightly raised. he knows why I am watching him and he couldn't agree more.  I tell him it's time to come in now.  He stands. His 'Hot Wheel' cars are at his feet on the roads of sand he built in his sand box  He runs to me.  I kneel down to return the hug he gives to me so freely and as we both exchange our love for each other with that hug. I tell him what a good boy he is and with confidence I hope lasts a life time his response is "I know".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love

 The image of her is one of trust.  She has the undeniable look of accomplishing anything. Her world is one of a journey full of dreams with...