Wednesday, January 22, 2025

Think

 As I walked out of the room thinking and saying the words out loud, 'Who will I see today?', she appeared. I had been thinking about her for weeks. In my thoughts she was the baby that had taken up permanent residence on my left hip until she started walking. I stepped out of the present to capture the images from the past that brought a smile to me.  All the thoughts were of her, my little girl. Now a grown women, who will forever be my baby.  I walked about one hundred feet and I had to focus to make sure my mind was actually capturing what my eyes were seeing. A surprised look appeared on her face, a look that was most likely on my face as well.  We hugged and chatted , hugged again then I watched her disappear out the door.

 That moment of seeing her was truly Serendipity. How was it possible that she appeared at that exact moment I walked out of that room. Coincidence?  Einstein's definition of coincidence....God's way of remaining anonymous. How many times does this happen to us when we aren't looking. Have you ever said 'I was just thinking of you' or 'I was thinking the same thing.' The word 'think' is a key word in this explanation. Our thoughts create our reality. Picture a thought as a boomerang. I'm thinking a thought of say, a book, any book. I will see a book during my waking time. Try it, with anything.  Say anything out loud then picture it in your head for even a second then watch what happens. Imagine if the thought was one of continuing movement. 

In this everyday world we call life, it' may be easy to be consumed by things that are 'out of our control'. Are they?  I was propelled to visit a group of people because of a 'feeling' I had.  How odd it was that the topic of conversation was one I had been ruminating about and was searching for an answer to a question I had. My question was answered by one of those people in that group without asking anyone anything. Serendipity? My thoughts? Both! I was drawn to that group by my question and by a fortunate accident. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love

 The image of her is one of trust.  She has the undeniable look of accomplishing anything. Her world is one of a journey full of dreams with...