Having a chance to share my unusual day with someone has given me another opportunity to see the unique coincidences we have in our lives. Near the end of our visit I was describing a theory I had and she unconsciously interrupted with a word she questioned herself for saying out loud. She asked herself, or me, What did I say that for? The word she spoke was 'perception'. She had a 'where in the world did that come from' look on her face. Since then, the word, and many variations of it have surfaced in my life. Websters dictionary defines it as 'observations, awareness, consciousness'. I've had those words repeated several times by many people, each one describing their own perceptions. Was it fate that her 'out of the blue' word was spoken? I think not. It was an indication to me to be aware of the word being spoken by others and to sit up and take notice. Videos appeared (out of nowhere) as I searched for other things. To hear an inspirational speaker's description of "nothing" (no thing), the lightness and ease in her voice is awe inspiring. Another's expression of awareness is so calm that he almost seems near sleep at times. These enlightened individuals are kept near to me, they are doors that are open to me and to everyone. I see myself finding serendipity's in just about everything. Movie scripts. random statements from strangers. even billboard's. This is the power of our perception, our awareness to our thoughts.
Whether you think this is all nonsense is a most welcome response. My intention of this particular blog was just to point out how odd it was that she just happened to say 'perception' for no intended reason. But there was in fact a reason. The word stuck in my mind and I managed to see and hear the word many times. It was a fortunate accident that I stumbled upon the people who's passion in life was to share the amazing gift they found. Someone dear to me told me that my positive thoughts and new found look on life would not be something I could explain but that it would be seen in me. I believe this person was right. I am traveling, traveling through life as we all are.
How my life unfolds is my own creation, just as it is yours. Are my thoughts one of positivity, yes, as often as I allow them to be. We get what we give. I know what I can control and what I can't. Can I control the world events? No, so I let it go. Can I control my noisy neighbor, no. I chose the positive part of it, how fortunate the noise is not constant. Can I control the co-worker who tries to irritate me? No, but I can control how I respond to it. Seeing the perspective of life from a positive view point changes everything. The serendipity's of life will be embraced, they are the sign's we should all be seeing.
Perception is a very key concept in terms of understanding on a deeper level than just the chattering mind. In it, can be the recognition that everything presented to us can encourage us back to our true selves. Or it can be ignored, but why ignore gifts that are freely give to us each and every day? I think this is why, if we're open to it, we can experience synchronicitys and coincidences become sign posts. I think the point of all of it is to open yourself to the free flow of unconditional love. This becomes a steady unlimited stream, which we can't help but pass on to everything and everyone in our lives. It is truly uncontainable!
ReplyDelete