She sits across the table from me with a sincere smile of caring. My face wet from tears as the conversation is the same as the one I had previously with her. A few details changed but still the same story told to her time after time. Her words of inspiration and making my desperate need to make sense of what I thought, was my world crashing down around me.
At the time her response was one of simplicity, I thought my anguish seemed of disinterest to her. To anyone who knew her, this would be impossible. Her spirit, her sense of humor, her insight into what is truly important in life was a beacon of light. Her response so often to any of my sorrows was, "Positive thoughts". It wasn't until I found the meaning of those words that her advice would finally be understood. Her seemingly indifference to my agony was actually meant to convey a very strong message. When I finally found what her 'positive thoughts' meant. I told her of my enlightened way of thinking and how it came to me. I asked her why she hadn't told me before. She said if she had tried to explain it, I most likely would not have understood.
All of us have to arrive at our own 'positive thoughts' moment on our own unique time table. One would think that person had lost their mind. I knew exactly what she meant. I wanted to share what I had learned. I wanted the people I loved to know the secret of the peace in my heart. I tried sharing this amazing gift and she was right, to have others grasp the idea what 'positive thoughts' had meant was quite impossible. We are human and are hard wired to live in a world that we create. Attempting to alter that way, is quite a task. She was ight, we all have to stumble upon this idea on our own. How fortunate for me I had that moment and could share that knowledge with her.. I felt comfort in her words and gratitude for her faith.
Knowing this secret and practicing it on a daily basis can be challenging in this busy cluttered life, or least this is what society has told us. How grateful I am to know that clutter can be changed into amazing and wonderful things. Positive thoughts are merely the tip of the iceberg and an exceptional place to begin. When you wake up in the morning, before you get out of bed, tell yourself that your day ahead is going to go smoothly and then intend it to happen. Believe it to be so, have faith that your thoughts are going to create how your day goes. Positive thoughts... and remember to smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment